How will Physiotherapy help you?
With more moving parts than most machines, it’s not surprising that your body occasionally feels the strain and objects to all the demands put upon it!! Physiotherapy is the most effective way to treat many of the problems you are experiencing. The basic aim of physiotherapy is to alleviate pain and restore normal posture, movement and function to the body. Physiotherapy includes the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of such problems. A list of conditions commonly treated as well as treatments available can be found here.
Conditions Commonly Treated
Below is a list of some of the most commonly treated conditions at Blackstone Physiotherapy Ltd. If you suffer from a condition not mentioned below please contact us to discuss how Blackstone may be of benefit.
- Back and neck problems e.g. whiplash, sciatica
- Disc problems
- Stressed Induced Muscle Tension
- Wear and Tear’
- Joint problems e.g. Frozen Shoulder, Knee pain
- Sports Injuries
- Children’s conditions
- Neurological conditions
- Ergonomic assessment
- Soft tissue mobilisation eg.
- Deep transverse friction massage
- Connective tissue release
- Trigger point treatment
- Joint mobilisation and manipulation techniques
- Including electroacupuncture
- Dry needling
- Spinal Traction
- Electrotherapuetic agents which assist with healing
- Interferential Therapy
- Electrical Stimulation
- Combination Therapy (Diagnostic)
- Exercise & Rehabilitation programmes including personalised Pilates programme.
- Personalised computer printouts of specific exercises for you
- Manual handling training / Postural correction
- Ergonomic Assessment
- Provision of support and appliances
For further information about our range of treatments please contact us.