Closing Date for Applications: 31/03/14
Blackstone Physiotherapy Ltd is looking for a HCPC registered APPI trained Physiotherapist/Pilates Instructor to join our expert team.
An enthusiastic, friendly, motivated physiotherapist is required full-time, to deliver musculoskeletal physiotherapy and Pilates to a wide range of clients.
Along with a musculoskeletal caseload, the successful candidate will be required to teach a variety of Matwork classes and be keen to progress to teaching Reformer classes.
- Completion of APPI Matwork 1 & 2 and desirably full certification of the Matwork series.
- Degree in Physiotherapy or relevant professional qualification.
- Membership of CSP and HPC registered.
- Evidence of regular continual professional development.
- Evidence of full UK driving license – in order to work between both clinics in Moira and Carrickfergus
- Acupuncture and membership of relevant professional body
- Ability to teach small-medium sized groups in a class setting
- Working within Paediatrics
- Orthopaedic experience
- An understanding of the TM2 software programme
- To assess and treat referred patients within professional standards.
- Evaluate patient progress, reassess and alter treatment programmes.
- To provide other professional/carers involved in the care of your patients with advice/training in relation to appropriate handling techniques.
- Liaise with other staff members involved in the care of the patient, regarding progress and management of the patient.
- Be responsible for the safe and competent use of all electrotherapy equipment, gym equipment and patient appliances and aids.
- To keep and maintain patient records (using TM2 software system) consistent with professional standards for legal and professional purposes.
- Participate in evaluation of practice through audit and research activities when required
- Promote effective multi-professional working.
- Participate in and contribute to in-service training programmes.
- Participate in staff development and performance review processes.
- Participate in learning activities sufficient to maintain continuing professional development and registration.
- Develop effective communication with patients, carers and colleagues. This will include the use of a range of verbal and non-verbal tools for those who have difficulties in understanding or communicating
- To be actively involved in the collection of appropriate data and statistics to allow for effective monitoring of the service.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of Clinical Governance and Risk Management and apply to work.
- Any other duties, which may be required from time to time
- Through his/her own actions ensure adherence to the Principles of Equality and Human Rights Legislation.
- Employees of Blackstone Physiotherapy will be required to promote and support the mission and vision of the service for which they are responsible and :-
- At all times provide a caring service and to treat those with whom they come into contact in a courteous and respectful manner
- Carry out their duties and responsibilities in a manner which assures patient and client safety
- Demonstrate their commitment by their regular attendance and the efficient completion of all tasks allocated to them
- Carry out their duties and responsibilities in compliance with health and safety policy and statutory regulations
- Adhere to equal opportunities policy throughout the course of their employment
All employees of Blackstone Physiotherapy are legally responsible for all records held, created or used as part of their business with the clinic including patient/client, corporate and administrative records whether paper-based or electronic and also including emails. All such records are public records and are accessible to the general public, with limited exceptions, under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 and the Data Protection Act 1998. Employees are required to be conversant with the clinics policy and procedures on records management and seek advice if in doubt.
If you are interested please email a covering letter and CV to Kyle McCarthy at firstname.lastname@example.org
A part time applicant will be taken into consideration at a minimum of 25 hours.